Saturday, October 29, 2005

Weekly Rants, Raves, and Whatever.

*Congrats to the Chicago White Sox on their World Series victory. Now, if only the Cubs could learn from their cross-town cousins! As a Cardinals fan, I wonder why the ChiSox batters could hit 'Stros pitching while the Red Birds (who knew the Houston pitchers far better than did Chicago) couldn't buy a hit in the League Championship Series? Was it the closed roof at the Houston ballpark? PS Hey Oswalt, nanny nanny boo-boo. You lost!

*Happy Birthday to the St. Louis Gateway Arch, which is now 40 years old. I've been to the top about 3 times since it opened. Not exactly the best record, but I'm always amazed at the number of home-town folks who've never ridden the cog train to the viewing deck. I know it can be a little claustrophobic, but the view is worth a little white-knuckle time.

*In 2005, homicides in St. Louis are way up. The Chief of Police says he doesn't think it represents a trend. If not, just what the hell does it represent?!

*I recently got a flu shot, but it just protects you from the most prevalent bug this season, not the possibility of a Bird Flu pandemic. I've heard that people who've gotten the Bird variety and died were all killed by smacking into picture windows! Easy, easy, it's just a joke.

*Speaking of flu shots, I didn't have any reaction to the vaccine itself, but the glue on the bandage the nurse put over the area did a number on my arm. When I ripped it off later that night, the skin underneath looked like I had the plague! I can see the headlines now: "Widow of man killed by Band-Aid receives millions in landmark court case".

*Highway 40 leading into St. Louis is headed for a major re-do. Let's hope they don't hire the same bunch that worked on the Metro-Link expansion! We'd have to change the name to US Highway 38 3/4.

*Happy Halloween, and you vandals stay the hell away from my Jack-O-Lantern!!

1 comment:

froggiegirl said...

Ah very interesting about the bandaid...I am actually very allergic to adhesive myself, and breakout from any sort of adhesive bandage except for the regular brown bandaid kinds.