Monday, April 03, 2006

New Computer--Take THAT Bill Gates!!!

With the help of my son, Gimlet the All Computerizing, we purchased a new iMac Computer for the Merc Man household. We chose the Apple because of its great graphics and easy to use features, but mostly because we hate MicroSoft. The setup is a little diferent than Mrs Merc Man and I are used to, but with time we should be able to utilize all the software without too much headache.
I especially like iTunes, and I'm hoping to learn more about GarageBand and iPhoto in the near future. For now, we're ecstatic to have a machine that doesn't crash everytime we sneeze.
My only fear is that we'll be visited by Bill Gates, which is what happened to Homer Simpson when he tried to start his own Internet Provider. Gates "bought Homer out" by having a couple of his goons smash everything in the Simpson's house! Fortunately, I have the promise of a Internet Swat Team, known as the 'Linnux Commandos', that they will come to my rescue if Gates launches an assault!

4 comments:

JBear1982 said...

I happen to like Microsoft. When Gimlet fixed my computer, he groaned about my system. However, I am very happy with my computer. My mom works on Apples at work and hates them. She loves her Apple Notebook tho.

froggiegirl said...

I LOVE APPLE!!!!!

gimlet said...

Windows always needs fixing. And who needs Linux when you have the BSD heritage of OS X? Go into Applications in Finder, open the Utilities folder, and lo and behold! Terminal and a wonderful Unix prompt. Sweet.

Merc Man said...

I've heard that Bill Gates is a front man for the Japanese Mafia--the Yakuza! Besides, he trashed Homer Simpson's house just to eliminate a competitor!