Monday, September 18, 2006

Ahhhh....the Puppy Life

During recovery from eye surgery, the antics of our new puppy have kept me from going a little bonkers after being cooped up in the house since September 7. As you can see by the picture with this post, taking care of me has had an exhausting effect on Daisy the Puppy.
Luckily, Gimlet, FroggieGirl, and Grandma Gimlet came by on Saturday to visit and break bread, and Gimlet and I went to Schnucks to pick up some stuff for dinner. It was my first real trip out since my surgery, and I started things off by climbing out of the Gimlet/FroggieGirl-mobile and stepping in a big wad of pink bubble gum! I was able to navigate around the store, although I sort of listed to one side like a one-eyed pirate due to my bionic eye.
Mrs MercMan has been handling most of the household/home improvement/yardwork chores since my illness, and is developing a knack for using all my assorted power tools. She's really enjoyed the ability to saw. drill, mow, cut, etc, etc, using various high-powered Craftsman tools, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll have to struggle to get them back once I've recuperated. Still, there's something very appealing about a pretty girl wielding a high-rpm reciprocating saw or cordless drill!

3 comments:

froggiegirl said...

Puppy was awfully excited when we came over to visit! So excited in fact that she took off running toward the door when she heard us coming in...peeing all the way!

Merc Man said...

Daisy was so worn out by all the excitement that she slept almost ALL day Sunday. Of course, she then didn't need any sleep Sunday night.

JBear1982 said...

Puppies are soo funny. Loki lost her balance a coupla times on the hill and rolled down a bit. Hehe. Its amazing what puppies will do to keep playing. Loki would be returning a toy to us, stop to pee, and then continue onwards....much to our dismay, Loki didn't go outside...this was when she was younger. Loki is 7 months old and is getting fixed t/m so she will be a sore and tired puppy for a few days.